Teachers’ Legal Rights and Responsibilities
A guide for trainee teachers and those new to the profession
Author: Jon Berry
£4.99 £4 (free p&p)
“It's the myth-busting that makes this book so refreshing and authoritative. In 50 pages it gives you the real story on all those areas you worry about, including school trips, discipline, child abuse and special needs. The cover is one of the funniest I've seen on an education book.”
About the book
This newly revised edition considers the emerging phenomenon of cyber bullying and the wider effects of the digital age.
- An essential guide telling trainee teachers all they need to know about UK law as it affects them professionally
- Approved by the National Union of Teachers
- Friendly, accessible yet authoritative advice
- Illustrated throughout with specially commissioned cartoons by Independent cartoonist Tim Sanders.
Topics covered include:
- Professional duties
- Out-of-school activities
- Health and Safety
- Physical contact with children
- Protecting children from abuse
- Competence and disciplinary procedures
- Special educational needs
ISBN: 978-1-909291-09-6 Format: Paperback, 64pp Published: Apr 2013
Contact us at UH Press if you have any queries or would like to find out more about this book.