A Place in the Country Prize Draw
University of Hertfordshire Press is delighted to launch a free prize draw to win one of three free copies of our upcoming book A Place in the Country.
We think that the building once known as Fairfield Hospital in Stotfold, designed by architect George Fowler Jones, is a beautiful building. We invite you to share a picture, taken by yourself, of your favourite building in the three counties area (Bedfordshire, Hertfordshire & Cambridgeshire) to our Facebook page www.facebook.com/uhpress or tweet your picture to us @uhpress with the hashtag #APlaceintheCountry. We will enter all suitable entries into a prize draw and select three winners randomly. Tell us what and where the building is (and why you like it if you have room, but that's not a requirement). Your entries (one per person please) must be received by the end of August.
This is not a photography competition - you don't need an amazing camera, this is just for fun and for people to share the buildings they love in the three counties area.
By submitting an entry to this free prize draw, you agree to the following terms and conditions:
1. Eligibility: This free prize draw competition is open to anyone aged 18 years or over who is resident in England and Wales.
2. Entry: Entry is free of charge. Winners will be chosen at random from all entries we consider to be serious. Only one entry per person will be accepted. We discourage multiple tweeting or facebook posts and the creation of multiple accounts to submit multiple entries will result in disqualification from the prize draw.
3. Closing date: The period of the free prize draw promotion is from 10th August 2017 to 31st August 2017. The Closing Date for this prize draw competition will be 31 August 2017. No entries will be accepted after this date.
4. How to enter: To enter this free prize draw promotion, you must post a photograph of your favourite three counties building to our Facebook page www.facebook.com/uhpress or by tweeting your photograph with the hashtag #APlaceintheCountry. Your entry must be posted on or before the Closing Date.
5. Qualifying entries: All Suitable Entries will be entered into the free prize draw. Suitable Entries will be entries for which the University is satisfied that the photograph provided is relevant and the participant has fulfilled the conditions set out in these terms and conditions. For the avoidance of doubt, entries that are not relevant to the brief, defaced, illegible or otherwise damaged will automatically be deemed non-Suitable Entries. The University is not obliged to notify any entrant prior to the draw (or subsequently) that their entry is not a Suitable Entry and shall not be entered into the free prize draw.
6. Winner announcements: The free prize draw will take place on 4th September 2017. The winners of the free prize draw will be chosen at random from the Suitable Entries by the University (acting via two impartial individuals to ensure a fair draw). The University’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into (except as expressly stated in these terms and conditions) relating to how the decision has been reached.
7. Notification of result: Details of the winner will be published on the University’s website shortly after the draw and the winner will also be notified by e-mail and/or social media. The University is not otherwise required to notify entrants of the free prize draw results except that the University may at its discretion supply further information on the University website.
8. Prizes: The winners shall receive a free copy of A Place in the Country. All prizes are non-transferable, non-refundable, non-changeable and subject to availability. Cash or credit alternatives will not be offered.
9. Publicity and personal data: You grant the University permission to use your name, likeness and (if requested) biographical details for advertising and future promotional purposes without payment to you. Your name and other details may be published on the University website. You permit the University to hold records of the personal information supplied by you and to use such information to promote and report this competition as well as to keep you informed by post, e-mail or other means about products and services which may be of interest to you. Any personal information will be processed by the University in accordance with applicable data protection legislation
The winner grants the University permission to disclose details of the winning Suitable Entry for purposes related to the competition.
10. Confidentiality and Freedom of Information: The University is committed to meeting its legal obligations under the Freedom of Information Act 2000 (“FOIA”). Accordingly it may be required to disclose any information you submit in response to a request under FOIA.
11. Liability: Proof of sending will not be accepted as proof of delivery and the University cannot accept any responsibility for entries that are not received.
The University gives no guarantee in relation to the prizes and assumes no liability for the failure or non-performance thereof under any circumstances. The University will not be liable for any loss, damage or delay which occurs in connection with your participation in this free prize draw or your use of any prize, including without limitation financial, indirect or consequential loss. Nothing in these terms and conditions will seek to limit or exclude the University’s liability for death or personal injury resulting from its negligence.
12. Changes: The University reserves the right to cancel or amend the terms of this free prize draw promotion at any time without notice.
13. Governing law: These terms and conditions will be governed by and construed in accordance with English law and you consent to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
14. The University: The University’s full legal name and address is: University of Hertfordshire Higher Education Corporation, College Lane, Hatfield, Hertfordshire, AL10 9AB.
15. Disclaimer: Please note that the confidentiality of email transmissions is not guaranteed and where this method of communication is used you waive any claim for inadvertent and/or unintentional breach of our duty of confidentiality.